Support for St Mungo's
We are committed to corporate social responsibility, part of which is a chosen Charity of the Year. Our current charity is St Mungo’s, an organisation working to end homelessness and improve the lives of those in housing need in London and South England. As a social housing provider, we share their goals of ending homelessness, and so this year we decided to do something big!
20 members of staff of all ages, departments and cycling expertise completed the challenge of cycling from London to Paris on 13-16 September 2017!
Some cycle every day - and some had only just bought their first bike! Importantly, our riders are committed to the cause of raising as much money for St Mungo’s as we can and helping to tackle homelessness across London and the South.
We raised over £66,000 for St Mungo's!
Why have we chosen to support St Mungo’s?
St Mungo’s aim for everyone to have a place to call home and be able to fulfil their hopes and ambitions. Like us, they aim to tackle the housing and homelessness crises. St Mungo’s provide a bed and support to over 2,600 homelessness or at-risk people a night. They also work to rebuild the lives of their service users, supporting people regardless of age, gender or ability through a variety of projects, including:
- Emergency, hostel and supportive housing projects
- Advice, skills and work services
- Specialist physical and mental health services.
This work and this close link to our areas of focus has also inspired us to fundraise.
92% of St Mungo’s service users have complex needs. 73% of St Mungo’s service users have mental health issues. 8,000 rough sleepers in London last year.Facts and figures from St Mungo's
Why is tackling homelessness important to us?
At Network Homes, we believe good homes make everything possible. Having a safe, secure place to call home helps create stability in employment, mental health and wellbeing.
We support the homeless by:
- Housing St Mungo’s service users, with St Mungo’s providing the support they need.
- Providing rooms for New Horizon Youth Centre, a charity which supports homeless young people across London into stable employment.
- Providing rooms for several organisations who need accommodation to support homeless people.
- Providing temporary housing for families who have been made homeless.
- We currently house over 1,000 homeless families across London.
- Working to promote our services to private landlords to offer more temporary accommodation – helping to avoid homeless families having to stay in B&Bs.
We are proud to be one of just five housing associations in London to provide temporary accommodation.
Helping St Mungo's to achieve their aim of ending homelessness and rebuilding lives is really important to us and we wouldn't have been able to help without the support of our sponsors.
Thank you to our main sponsors:
And we also have many secondary sponsors who have chosen to support us too! Thank you to Arcadis, Bugler, Calford Seaden, Devonshires, Keepmoat Regeneration, Kingsbury Construction, Lovells, Martin Arnold, PCKO, Philip Pank, Potter Raper Partnership, Qualitas, Quintain, Red Loft, Rydon and Trowers & Hamlin.
Network Homes does London to Paris for St Mungo's, supported by: