Apprenticeships for residents
There are range of apprenticeship opportunities at Network Homes and our partner contractors.
Network Homes apprenticeships
You’re hired! Become a Network Homes Apprentice and kick start your career in housing. This is your opportunity to get real life, hands on experience, working in an ambitious award-winning organisation while also working towards a qualification.
We’re offering you exciting careers in our Customer Services, Legal Services, IT and Development teams with applications due to open soon.
This is a great opportunity for you can earn while you learn on the job with the possibility of a full-time role at the end of your apprenticeship.
Construction Site Management apprenticeship (Hounslow)
Are you a Hounslow resident interested in developing your skills through a Site Management apprenticeship? This is an entry level role but you will be working for a construction company, based on a multi-million-pound project, your role will be fundamental to ensuring that the particular project that you are assigned to is progressing efficiently. If you're interested in this opportunity, register your interest in the form below!
As an Apprentice Site Manager, you will report to the Site/Project Manager and be directly involved in construction management and site operations. You will be tasked to carry out pre-start meetings, provide detailed reports for all project elements prior to start dates providing advice as to whether the recommended schedule, budgets and equipment are fit for purpose or require updating. Liaise closely with nominated external architects/fitters and all other consultants and contractors. Meeting agreed time-scales final layouts and fitting details and to represent the interests of the company at all times. Common tasks that you may be asked to carry out include:
- Help to ensure that projects are planned and completed in a timely, safe manner.
- Maintaining daily diary to record site events and requirements.
- Learn standards for inspections of all operations to ensure they are carried out in a safe manner.
- Comply with the site-specific environmental action plan requirements.
- Gain a thorough understanding of site boundaries, access points and site office procedures.
- Build relationships with other business unit teams like Sales and Commercial.
- Shadow site management team on inspection visits.
- Manage and co-ordinate the safe and tidy storage of material delivered to the site.
- Shadow and report to the business unit management team on specific development targets and objectives.
Rate of Pay - £8.36 p/h.
Hours – 8am to 5pm
Location – A Hounslow based construction project.
Contract Type – 12 months, fixed term.
This is a Level 3 apprenticeship so applicants need to have at least a Level 2 in Functional Skills or GCSE grade C or above in English and Maths.
It will be an advantage if you have some previous related work experience and you should be confident using ICT.
- Have a genuine interest and passion for pursuing a career within construction
- A team player
- Goal orientated
- Highly organised with good attention to detail
- Strong people skills
- The ability to focus for long periods
MCP Property Services apprenticeships
MCP Property Services have exciting Apprenticeship opportunities for two Trades and Office based Apprentices to support their contract service delivery teams. If you are self-motivated, friendly, polite and willing to learn, then register your interest in the form below!
We welcome applications from anyone interested in learning a trade or multiple trades. So whether you are a school leaver, looking for a change in career or anything in between, we would love to hear from you! We especially welcome applications from Hertfordshire residents but the opportunity is also open to non-Hertfordshire residents too.
To undertake a development programme leading to a National Vocational Qualification as part of an apprenticeship. One role would be based in the Hertford area and one in North/East London.
- To act in line with their company Values: Reliable & Dependable, Positivity, Innovation, Integrity, Team Player, Proactive, Honesty and Respect.
- To actively participate in your own development plan which will be agreed with the line manager and the assessor from the local training provider.
- To have fun while you are learning!
You will be working in an office, or remotely with virtual support so you can
develop practical skills and knowledge of administration, including but not limited to:
• Includes working across all office functions
• Data-entry into spreadsheets
• Franking & posting mail
• Answering the phone
You will be on the road with an experienced mentor and with their guidance, you will develop practical skills and knowledge of a specific trade i.e.
Working hours (under 18): 9am to 5pm - Salary - £15,510.59 per annum
Working hours (over 18): 8am to 5pm - Salary - £17,579.00 per annum
• Up to 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
• Private Medical Care
• Non-contractual Incentive Scheme