Employment opportunities for residents
We can help residents to access employment opportunities. Please contact our Worksmart team on 0300 373 3000 or email email@example.com if you are interested in any of the opportunities listed below or if you would like to discuss access to other employment opportunities.
Smart Works is a charity that provides high quality interview clothes and interview training to unemployed women in need. They harness the power of clothes and confidence to allow a woman to be her best at a crucial moment in her life, giving her the confidence, the self-belief and the practical tools required to succeed at interview and transform her life.
Get a referral
If you are a woman and would like to be referred to Smart Works then you can either email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 373 3000 and ask for Kamara Jackson, Employment and Training Adviser.
Remember that appointments can only be booked for Smart Works after your job interview is set. Once the appointment has been confirmed you should treat this as a professional commitment. It cannot be guaranteed that clients who are more than 30 minutes late will be seen.
MCP Property Services have exciting Apprenticeship opportunities for two Trades and Office based Apprentices to support their contract service delivery teams. If you are self-motivated, friendly, polite and willing to learn, then register your interest in the form below!
We welcome applications from anyone interested in learning a trade or multiple trades. So whether you are a school leaver, looking for a change in career or anything in between, we would love to hear from you! We especially welcome applications from Hertfordshire residents but the opportunity is also open to non-Hertfordshire residents too.
To undertake a development programme leading to a National Vocational Qualification as part of an apprenticeship. One role would be based in the Hertford area and one in North/East London.
- To act in line with their company Values: Reliable & Dependable, Positivity, Innovation, Integrity, Team Player, Proactive, Honesty and Respect.
- To actively participate in your own development plan which will be agreed with the line manager and the assessor from the local training provider.
- To have fun while you are learning!
You will be working in an office, or remotely with virtual support so you can
develop practical skills and knowledge of administration, including but not limited to:
• Includes working across all office functions
• Data-entry into spreadsheets
• Franking & posting mail
• Answering the phone
You will be on the road with an experienced mentor and with their guidance, you will develop practical skills and knowledge of a specific trade i.e.
Working hours (under 18): 9am to 5pm - Salary - £15,510.59 per annum
Working hours (over 18): 8am to 5pm - Salary - £17,579.00 per annum
• Up to 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
• Private Medical Care
• Non-contractual Incentive Scheme
Are you a Hounslow resident interested in developing your skills through a Site Management apprenticeship? This is an entry level role but you will be working for a construction company, based on a multi-million-pound project, your role will be fundamental to ensuring that the particular project that you are assigned to is progressing efficiently. If you're interested in this opportunity, register your interest in the form below!
As an Apprentice Site Manager, you will report to the Site/Project Manager and be directly involved in construction management and site operations. You will be tasked to carry out pre-start meetings, provide detailed reports for all project elements prior to start dates providing advice as to whether the recommended schedule, budgets and equipment are fit for purpose or require updating. Liaise closely with nominated external architects/fitters and all other consultants and contractors. Meeting agreed time-scales final layouts and fitting details and to represent the interests of the company at all times. Common tasks that you may be asked to carry out include:
- Help to ensure that projects are planned and completed in a timely, safe manner.
- Maintaining daily diary to record site events and requirements.
- Learn standards for inspections of all operations to ensure they are carried out in a safe manner.
- Comply with the site-specific environmental action plan requirements.
- Gain a thorough understanding of site boundaries, access points and site office procedures.
- Build relationships with other business unit teams like Sales and Commercial.
- Shadow site management team on inspection visits.
- Manage and co-ordinate the safe and tidy storage of material delivered to the site.
- Shadow and report to the business unit management team on specific development targets and objectives.
Rate of Pay - £8.36 p/h.
Hours – 8am to 5pm
Location – A Hounslow based construction project.
Contract Type – 12 months, fixed term.
This is a Level 3 apprenticeship so applicants need to have at least a Level 2 in Functional Skills or GCSE grade C or above in English and Maths.
It will be an advantage if you have some previous related work experience and you should be confident using ICT.
- Have a genuine interest and passion for pursuing a career within construction
- A team player
- Goal orientated
- Highly organised with good attention to detail
- Strong people skills
- The ability to focus for long periods