Are you a young resident in London or Hertfordshire looking for work? Why not Kickstart your career with Kickstart!
Network Homes joined forces with Brent Council to be part of the part of Governments £2 billion Kickstart Programme helping young people impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Kickstart offers new job placements for 16 to 24-year olds on Universal Credit who are at risk of long-term unemployment. The jobs are designed to build your skills in the workplace and will help you gain experience to improve your chances of finding long-term work.
We have exciting six months' paid work experience opportunities in the following teams:
- Construction and Regeneration
- Customer Service
Who are we looking for?
We want people who have:
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work independently, exercising good initiative and judgement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good time management and prioritisation skills
- Good customer care and valuing diversity
- Accuracy and attention to detail with the ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets
- Able to ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to so that consistent and standard practice is achieved across the organisation
Am I eligible?
Please note to qualify for the Kickstart Programme you need to:
- Be between the age of 16-24, living in England or Wales
- Currently receiving Universal Credit
- Have the right to work in the UK
How do I apply?
These roles are six month fixed term contract and for 25 hours per week. You can apply through Jobcentre Plus (so talk to your Jobcentre Plus work coach if you are interested in applying).
You can click on the following tab to register your interest.
Register your interest
If you're interested in one of our Kickstart roles then you can register your interest by completing the following form. You can also email email@example.com.
Fair Processing Notice: We're collecting the personal data on this form to enable to recruit to the government scheme of kick start (16-24 government) in receipt universal credit. Personal data will be shared with Job Centre Plus to ensure eligibility is met. We will retain this data for six years post contract for successful applicants which will go your employee record during your appointment. Any unsuccessful applications will be kept for 6 months.
For more information see our privacy statement.