Older persons' opportunities
We offer a variety of opportunities for our older residents to get involved in the community, as well as influence our Older Persons' Service.
What can you get involved in?
We encourage our older residents to get involved in social activities and consult with them on the services they receive.
Scrutiny and consultation
Our schemes have a Resident Forum where our older people can get involved with the way the scheme is run. The Forum allows our residents to discuss issues, raise complaints and suggest how we can improve our service.
Activities for older residents
In London, we offer a diverse programme of activities for our residents including:
- an activities coordinator
- adult learning programmes e.g. how to use a computer
- healthy living activities e.g. swimming, keep fit, gardening and dancing
- social events and outings in conjunction with scheme based staff
- inter-generational work with local schools
- culturally specific celebrations
- voluntary and community group work
- schemes have access to a mini-bus to make sure our more vulnerable tenants can attend meetings and activities.
How to get involved
If you would like to get involved in community activities and meetings, please speak to your Scheme Manager to find out how you can get involved.
To find out how to get involved in your community, visit our getting involved section.