Black History Month (365) Fund
We have a partnership with A2Dominion Housing Group, Catalyst Housing, Sovereign Housing and Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing to offer grants, through our Black History Month (BHM) 365 fund, that support projects in our communities that celebrate black history. This fund provides grants of up to £500 throughout the year for events, activities and projects celebrating black history and is open to applications from residents, community groups, schools and local organisations.
About the Black History Month (BHM) 365 fund
In October each year the UK recognises the achievements and contributions of people of black heritage around the world through Black History Month. The fund is used to extend UK Black History month to a year-round celebration.
We have grants of up to £500 to support local voluntary and community organisations to deliver projects with a focus on:
- bringing communities together to mark and celebrate our shared history
- promoting the awareness and knowledge of black history
- celebrating the achievements and contributions from individuals of African and Caribbean heritage.
Examples of activities the fund has supported
- Lunch club providing free healthy Caribbean food and information about diet and nutrition.
- African drumming workshop to a cross-generation photographic project centering around the black community in Queen’s Park past and present.
- Supporting a local school in obtain more diverse books.
How to apply for funding - Fund is now open for application forms
We open applications for funding four times a year in January, March, June and August. The current round of applications is open from 1 August to 1 September.
To apply for a grant from the BHM 365 fund, please complete and submit the online form when applications are open using the button below. You should also read the guidance for applying for the funding before submitting your application form.
Please note, the last round of applications for the year is from 1 August to 1 September.
If you need more information about the fund, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading 'Attn: Partnership and Fundraising Team'.