Spotting bogus calls and visits
It can be difficult to spot a scam. Scammers are extremely cunning and good at creating convincing scams. They may call you on your landline or mobile phone pretending to be us to steal your money or identity to commit fraud. They may also visit your home pretending to be a contractor in order to gain entry.
Here are a few tips to remember to make sure you are interacting with official Network Homes’ staff:
- When contacted by one of our advisors on the phone, they should state their name, role and the reason for the call.
- If you call us to pay your rent, when taking your credit card information, we will access a secure payment line to protect your sensitive details.
- If we are calling you back after you have already spoken to an advisor, we will provide background information regarding your previous call, so you know it is really us calling.
- When booking a repair, the contact centre will confirm the booking so you know when to expect a visit from our contractor.
- Contractors will never show up to your home unannounced. If you experience an unannounced visit, refuse to let them inside your home and call us on 0300 373 3000 to confirm whether it is a legitimate visit.
- Our contractors will always carry identification and present it on request.
- If, during a call, you feel uncomfortable or are unsure if you are speaking to us, hang up and call us on 0300 373 3000. You can then speak to an advisor and confirm the legitimacy of the previous call.