VACANCY: Non-Executive Board Member
09 March 2021
We're currently looking for two people, ideally with experience of housing customer and community, and/or property and development experience, to join our Board as a non-executive members. In this role, you'll work constructively with other board members and Network Homes employees to achieve excellent standards of governance, ensure the strategic objectives are achieved, Network is managed and controlled appropriately, maintains its financial viability, and works within the requirements of the law, regulation and its funding bodies. As a non-executive member, you'll receive a £10,000 remuneration annual payment and you'll also be reimbursed for legitimate expenses incurred while carrying out duties as a Board member.
We welcome applications from all backgrounds and are proactive in our mission to be a truly diverse and inclusive organisation. If you're interested in this role, please read the role profile and recruitment pack below and apply by Wednesday 31 March 2021.
About the role
Board members have the responsibility of a Director of Network Homes, the Parent entity within the Network Homes Group. The role will involve ensuring the well-being of the organisation, checking Network Homes is complying with legal and financial requirements, ensuring health and safety, improving services for residents and delivering the five year plan. You will be expected to contribute your particular knowledge and experience to help the Board to make the best possible decisions. This will mean ensuring you have read the Board papers and thought about what questions you want to ask at meetings, a commitment to attend Board (and other) meetings and training sessions and being an ambassador for Network.
- Strategic perception: seeing the "big" picture; putting individual issues/events into context; understanding possible futures.
- Decision making: clear about what is appropriate for a Board or Committee to be deciding; able to exercise judgement about when a decision is needed; comfortable making difficult or unpopular decisions.
- Analytical understanding: digging below a headline, statistic or a report to identify further relevant performance measures or other dimensions of the issue to be addressed.
- Interacting with others: listening skills; persuasiveness and influence in a mixed group; sensitive to others' perspective and values; independent when required to be.
- Achieving results: focused on and able to reconcile/tolerate tensions between business needs and social purpose.
- Experience of working in the housing sector.
- Experience of reviewing financial management data and monitoring performance of a complex, diverse, and developing organisation and market, testing resource capacity and capability to deliver development programmes.
- Providing leadership and strategic direction to Boards, Committees or similar organisations.
- Experience of working with other Board members, Committee chairs or members, and to Executive Managers to achieve mutual aims and objectives.
How to apply
If you are interested in this role, please read the role profile and recruitment pack and send a CV highlighting your relevant experience and a covering letter to our Company Secretary Assistant, Carol Elwin, at email@example.com. The closing date for applications is the 31 March 2021.