Paralegal (Litigation and Debt Recovery)
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Paralegal (Litigation and Debt Recovery).
- Have a good understanding of the Civil Procedure Rules and preferably the rules governing the First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber).
- Have a good understanding of Leases (Shared Owner and Leasehold)
- Have knowledge of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985, specifically rules governing the charging of service charges and major works.
- Experience recovering service charges and major works from shared owners and/or leaseholders.
- Research and analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with relevant stakeholders.
- Ability to deal firmly with debtors prioritising the organisation at all times
- Ability to draft legal documents.
- Ability to meet deadlines and plan and deliver a range of different activities.
- Ability to exercise good judgement.
- Excellent administrative and project management skills to deal with a diverse workload and ability to organise and prioritise his/her own workload including attending to matters at short notice.
- Excellent IT skills across all core programmes and applications, including Microsoft Word and Excel packages and ability to be self-servicing.
- Excellent customer focus and a genuine desire to achieve excellence in all areas of responsibility.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Takes a pro-active approach to learning and self-development
- Experience of managing litigation from pre-action to hearing.
- Experience of providing accurate legal advice to stakeholders.
- Experience of researching and advising within applicable legislation and practice directions ▪
- Experience of working within a local authority or Housing Association.
- Law degree or other equivalent legal training.
This is a great opportunity to join us at a time of sustained growth and exciting change for the organisation, when you can have a personal impact on our success.
If you would like to discuss the role further, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure that you read the important information and FAQs for candidates prior to completing your application.
Please apply by sending filling out the form below and attaching your updated CV, cover letter and completed Equal Opportunities form, ensuring that you quote the Reference Number and Job Title.
By completing the form below you're giving your consent for Network Homes to contact you regarding this matter. Your data will only be used for this purpose and we'll notify you if it's used for any different unrelated purposes. You can withdraw your consent at any time by emailing email@example.com. For more information on consent please visit our consent page and to learn how we handle your data please see our privacy statement.