We have a great opportunity for an experienced Technical Manager. This is a key role in the Development Department to improve the quality of the homes we produce providing technical support across all teams. The role will take responsibility for the technical management of our new build homes and assist the Aftercare Service offered to customers. A key role will be to deal with any latent defects arising in Network Homes’ existing homes.
- To take a lead on all technical aspects within the team, including inspecting works on site while under construction, and preparing reports and recommendations to the Construction Team on technical aspects.
- To review designs and specifications, and prepare reports, identifying potential quality design issues.
- To manage the latent defects procedure within the team, including investigating latent defects in line with contractual requirements and taking relevant action to resolve defects in accordance with agreed internal processes.
- To liaise with internal teams, review and update Employers Requirements as required.
- To keep abreast of relevant regulation changes and maintain awareness of the British Standards and Codes of Practice related to the construction industry.
- To provide reports on contractor and consultant performance, in line with Network Homes’ Project Aftercare initiative.
- To ensure all existing “as built” drawings, health and safety files etc. are provided to relevant departments and when requested review and furnish the relevant construction drawings.
- To make appropriate recommendations to the heads of department following knowledge of customer feedback and experiences of dealing with technical issues and latent defects.
Knowledge and skills required
- Construction technology and building pathology knowledge with experience of managing different forms of defects/repairs.
- Able to interpret drawings, specifications and other building contract documentation.
- Ability to maintain and control projects in construction.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Highly organised and ability to work in pressurised environments.
- Excellent time management and ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure.
- Proactive in problem solving.
- Strong report writing skills, tailored to the end user.
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office package especially Word, Excel, Outlook and to include Database and CDM.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present reports.
- Experience of working within new build construction.
- Experience of large latent defects claims.
- Ability to carry out risk appraisals of schemes and make recommendations.
- Ability to work on own initiative and within a cross functional project team.
This is a great opportunity to join us at a time of sustained growth and exciting change for the organisation, when you can have a personally impact on our success. Please apply using the form below, ensuring that you quote the Reference Number and Job Title.
If you would like to discuss the role further, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure that you read the important information for candidates prior to completing your application and refer to our Recruitment FAQs if you require further information about the recruitment process.