- Report annually on key diversity statistics
- Set Aspirational targets
- Interview more diverse pools of candidates
- Develop the Leadership pipeline
- Lead by example.
Working for us
We're committed to making Network a great place to work and we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package. We want to attract the best people, rewarding you now and helping to secure your future.
Network Homes is proud to be a diversity champion for the Leadership2025 campaign. This initiative aims to tackle under-representation by black and minority ethnic people in executive roles across the housing sector.
We have signed up to an ambitious five point plan:
- Annual leave
- Starting on 27 days per year, your annual leave will increase by one day per year up to 32 days. After 10 years employment this increases to 34 days, and after 20 years to 35 days.
- Up to 3 days of annual leave can be sold every year and up to 5 days bought.
- Up to 5 days of annual leave can be carried forward to the following year, which must be used by the end of June in that year.
- Our staff have the option of joining the Social Housing Pension Scheme. Staff can contribute the percentage of their salary that suits their needs. We will match employees’ contributions up to a maximum of 10%.
- We all want to achieve the right ‘work-life balance’. At Network, we support staff to do this by offering them the opportunity to apply for flexible working arrangements in line with our policy.
- This provides staff, from their first day of employment, with unlimited access to a 24-hour telephone helpdesk for support and counselling.
- Payments are deducted from salaries over 10 months.
- We offer an array of best in class training and development opportunities to our staff, aimed at providing development both in and outside of the work place. We will also pay one set of professional fees each year provided that they are appropriate to the post that you are working in.
- We can offer staff limited time off for dependants (paid and unpaid) and we also offer enhanced paternity and maternity/adoption pay above the statutory entitlements. We also recognise that childcare can be costly, so we operate a salary sacrifice scheme for Childcare Vouchers that is open to all employees.
- Our social club encourages staff to get to know each other through work based and social events. They organise regular theatre trips, Christmas and summer parties and variety other activities suggested by staff.
- Access to more than a hundred rewards; ranging from discounts in popular restaurants, to movie tickets, gym membership, phone insurance, reduced rate private Health Cash Plans and more.
Additional flexible benefits include:
- We assist staff with the cost of a bicycle and equipment to a value of up to £600 including VAT (as part of a Government initiative). The amount will then be reclaimed through a salary sacrifice scheme over a 12-month period.
- This is an employer sponsored scheme designed to encourage charitable giving through our payroll. Donations are made before tax and National Insurance deductions.
- This policy allows all permanent staff (or those on a contract longer than six months) a total of 14 hours paid time off a year from their working hours to participate in volunteering activities.