If you're experiencing financial difficulties you may be eligible to receive support from us through our Charitable Fund. You or someone you know may have had a recent change in circumstances which has temporarily affected your household income and had a negative impact on your finances. The Charitable Fund can help you through this situation until you get yourself back on your feet. You can use it towards the costs associated with finding a new job such as interview clothes and travel to interviews, replacing essential broken household goods such as a cooker or fridge, and much more.
The Charitable Fund is open to anyone living in a home managed by Network Homes and who meets the eligibility criteria. You can refer yourself, a family member, friend or neighbour to apply for and receive support from the fund.
If your application is successful, you'll receive support from the Charitable Fund in the form of, but not limited to:
- Food vouchers
- Fuel vouchers
- Tangible items such as beds, white goods and other furniture
- Support purchasing materials or equipment for community groups.
No one person or organisation will be able to receive more than £5,000 a year unless approved by our Executive Leadership Team.
You should not use the Charitable Fund as a replacement for benefits, Universal Credit or any other help that should be provided by a statutory agency such as the local authority. If you are entitled to this support, please continue to claim or get in touch with our Welfare Advice Team who may be able to help you. You can find out more about benefits you may be entitled to on our Benefits and financial support page.
You must meet the following criteria:
- Live in a property owned or managed by Network Homes
- Be part of a community group / organisation that wants to carry out project or activity that will support residents in our communities
- Meet our 'charitable test' below.
Your application shows that the help we would provide through the fund:
- Is not available through any statutory service or other means
- Will promote or protect the housing needs of the resident or their community
- Will promote the relief of the aged, disabled or chronically sick.
How to apply
You will need to apply for the Charitable fund using our online form below. Please provide as much information as possible which will help with your application. if you have any questions about the Charitable Fund or need help with the application form, please email email@example.com or call us on 0300 373 3000.
Need more information?
If you would like to find out more information about the Charitable Fund, please read our Charitable Fund policy and procedure. You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0300 373 3000.