Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Repairs service
From Monday 23 March 2020, the Government announced that people are required to stay home, except for very limited purposes. We’re following the Government instructions and as a result we will stop non-emergency repairs until further notice. If you had a non-emergency repair scheduled, this will no longer take place and we’ll be in contact with you once our repairs service is back to normal. Please note, this means, we’re also not booking any new appointments for non-emergency repairs at this time as we need to prioritise emergency repairs only.
What can you expect from our repairs service?
Your health and safety are extremely important to us. We understand that you’ll still have repairs to your home and communal areas during this time and we’re doing what we can to provide you with a repairs services.
As we continue to monitor and follow Government guidance, we have had to make some changes to our service. If you had a non-emergency repair scheduled, we will not be able to complete the repair at this time. This is so we can prioritise emergency repairs. We will reschedule your repair for another date.
We've also stopped all planned and non-essential maintenance work during this time.
If you need to contact us about a new repair, please consider if it is an emergency repair. If it is not an emergency repair, please wait until our repairs service is back to normal to contact us. This will help us to manage and prioritise emergency repairs during this time.
Please contact us to let us know if you’re self-isolating, showing symptoms of coronavirus (Covid-19) or have been confirmed to have coronavirus. This is to protect you, our staff and contractors. We will put measures in place to complete your emergency repair. If we’re not able to do this, we’ll speak with you about how we can safely gain access to your home to complete the repair.
Emergency repairs are situations where there is a risk to someone’s health or safety, a home is not secure, or there is damage that will compromise the structure of your home. Emergency repairs, during this time, include:
- No heating – no hot water
- No electricity or water due to internal faults
- Serious water leaks that cannot be contained or those effecting electrics or could cause a ceiling to collapse
- Ceiling collapse due to other reasons
- Blocked or non-flushing toilet when only one in the property
- Blocked drains
- Any leaks involving sewerage
- Smashed glazing
- Insecure damaged front door
As they are a legal requirement we are continuing with gas safety checks. Please let our contractors in to do these checks, unless you're self-isolating or extremely vulnerable, and wait in a different room – at least 2m away, for the duration of the visit.
We are not carrying out gas servicing visits to homes where someone is:
- Self-isolating or has a confirmed case of coronavirus (COVID-19) – but will reschedule the visit for four weeks later.
- Extremely vulnerable in accordance with the Government definition and shielding themselves – we would still carry out emergency servicing and look to resume routine maintenance as soon as possible.
When an engineer does visit your home, they will follow these guidelines:
- Confirm prior to entering your home, whether anyone is self-isolating, or has been in contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with coronavirus or has recently gone into self-isolation.
- Keep a minimum of 2m apart from other people
- Wash their hands frequently
- Wipe down all surfaces.
Building and fire safety
Our waking watch (fire wardens) will continue to carry out their patrols in our buildings which require them, as this is essential safety work which needs to be done.
Please ensure you do not leave any items in the communal areas, fire exits or fire escape routes as this will create a fire risk in your building.
Other repairs or health and safety work
We're still completing repairs on our empty properties to get them ready for new residents, and carrying out essential health and safety work.
In both situations, our contractors are following the Government's safety precautions during this time.