Support for older and vulnerable residents - National services

This page contains national organisations that can support you during the coronavirus outbreak. You can view details on these organisations by clicking on the drop downs below.

You can also download a list here.

Some Age UK branches are delivering groceries and medicines.

Call 0800 6781602 (see your area pages for contact details of local branch)

Information on energy/water suppliers and how to apply for discounts/priority services.

Supporting and offering advice to carers across the UK.

Citizens Advice provide guidance on what you can do if the coronavirus affects your work or benefits.

They also give advice on debt and money.

Call 03444 111 444 (see your area pages for contact details of local branch).


Online disability grants database, can search by disability, age, need.

Advice and support for drug and alcohol related issues.

LGBT+ Domestic Abuse Helpline

Call 08009995428.

Support for people classed as extremely vulnerable who are ‘shielding’.

Call 0800 028 8327.

Useful information on how to manage life during the outbreak.


Mens Advice line website

Domestic abuse and violence.

Call 0808 8010 327.

Migrant Help

Refugee, asylum and immigration support.

Call 0808 8010 503.

MIND website

Mental Health support.

Call 0300 123 3393.

Works to safeguard vulnerable adults.

Financial advice.

Money Advice Service website

Call 0800 138 7777.

Financial advice.

Domestic abuse and violence.

For medical and non-medical support and advice.


Grants for Muslims on low income that can go towards basic living, housing, education or work costs.

Offering support for parents and carers throughout Covid-19.

  • NSPCC website
  • Phone: 0808 800 5000/0800 1111 (for under 18’s) 


Free debt advice and debt management plans

Telephone companionship for older people.

Prioritising vulnerable people for home deliveries.

Vulnerable persons careline: 0800 052 5500.

Mental health support

Free debt advice.

Trussell Trust (food bank) Can provide an emergency food parcel with three days’ worth of food. Contact local branch to obtain a food voucher. Some local branches are delivering parcels.

Online grants database, can search via age, occupation, religion, disability for financial grants.


Confidential emotional support, including support re Covid-19.

Welfare benefits.

  • Call 0800 328 5644.
Age UK
Auriga Service
Carers UK
Citizens Advice
Dementia UK
Disability Grant
Family Action
Government vulnerable people hotline
Home Start
Macmillan Cancer Support
Mens Advice Line
Migrant Help
Money Advice Service
National Debtline
National Domestic Abuse Helpline
National Health Service (NHS)
National Zakat Foundation
Octavia Foundation
Pay Plan (debt agency)
Step Change (debt agency)
Trussell Trust (food bank)
Universal Credit (DWP)

Last updated 21 April 2020

Safe Space

Together we can end domestic abuse