The Madison takes centre stage in one of the capital’s newest and most exciting living and working environments. Set in a landmark location with Canary Wharf right on your doorstep, The Madison raises sophisticated city living to new heights of excellence.
All apartments have been built to the highest specification ensuring these impressive homes offer you the very best in modern living.
A high-powered, fast-moving area which looks forward to an exciting future, Canary Wharf has a vibrant energy which attracts those looking to explore new ideas, embrace new fashions, sample the latest culinary trends and enjoy all the finer things in life.
Canary Wharf is easily accessible by rail, road, river and underground. The Jubilee Line at Canary Wharf takes you straight to the West End, while the Docklands Light Railway provides direct access to the City. The new Crossrail link, due to open in 2021 will further improve transport connections across the city. All of London’s five airports are within easy reach, making international travel easy and straightforward. City Airport is 12 minutes away, Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted and Luton Airports are all within 1.5 hours travelling time.
Priority will be given to applicants currently living and/or working in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets or current social tenants in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets.
For two and three bedroom homes, priority will be given to families with children.
You can apply for an London Living Rent property if:
- You currently live in a private or social rented property in London.
- Your maximum household income is £60,000, and you don’t have enough savings to purchase a home (including through shared ownership) in the local area on the open market.
- An Independent Financial Advisor may assess applicants to make sure that they are currently unable to afford to buy a home.
- You earn enough to save for a deposit. We need to be sure that applicants have the potential to save for a deposit over the tenancy period. So we’ve set a minimum household income that applicants need to be earning to apply for the scheme. The minimum household income is based on the Market Rent in the local area. In Tower Hamlets, the minimum household income requirement is:
- £42,200 for a 1-bedroom apartment
- £46,500 for a 2-bedroom apartment
- ££51,000 for a 3-bedroom apartment.
- You can provide one months’ rent in advance and one months’ rent as a security deposit.
- You can demonstrate your ability to pay the rent (without recourse to Housing Benefit) and accumulate savings.
- Casa must be your primary residence and you must not own a property either in the UK or abroad.
- You are employed on a permanent contract or a temporary contract with 6 months remaining, the original contract being issued for at least 12 months.
- You can supply 3 months payslips or, if self employed, a full year accounts / A302 form.
- You meet lenders general criteria to obtain mortgage finance.
- You have no history of rent arrears from previous properties within the last 12 months or have not breached the terms of a tenancy agreement.