We use a range of contractors to help us look after your home. All of our contractors agree to a code of conduct.
The contractors’ code of conduct
Our contractors will:
- carry identification and present it on request
- be tidily dressed
- be polite at all times
- treat you and your home with courtesy and respect
- not smoke, make excessive noise (e.g. radios or music) or use bad language
- not use your telephone without your permission
- be friendly, considerate and helpful
- try to fit in with your daily routines i.e. school runs (where possible)
- behave in a proper and professional manner at all times
- inform the contracts manager immediately if you express any dissatisfaction or concern about the work
- keep all tools and machinery within their localised working area to avoid danger from unattended items
- not borrow your tools or equipment
- tell you what work has been carried out and/or still needs to be done
- make sure that the property is left clean and tidy at the end of each day
- use dustsheets in all affected areas and access routes and vacuum up any work-related dirt or rubbish
- clean dustsheets regularly
- move any small items of furniture, floor coverings, etc. to complete works and replace them afterwards.
Additional measures throughout coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic
When a contractor visits your home, they will follow these guidelines:
- Confirm prior to entering your home, whether anyone is self-isolating, or has been in contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with coronavirus or has recently gone into self-isolation.
- Keep a minimum of 2m apart from other people
- Wash their hands frequently
- Wipe down all surfaces.
We also expect our contractors to wear the appropriate PPE and respect social distancing measures where appropriate.