Fire Risk Assessments - FAQs
Not sure what to expect in a Fire Risk Assessment (FRA)? Read on to find out the basics!
A Fire Risk Assessment (FRA) is an inspection of one of our buildings with a communal area. The purpose of a FRA is to help us understand what the potential risks may be and to ensure that we can take the necessary actions to keep you safe in your home.
As a registered provider of social housing, it is a legal requirement that we do a FRA to any building that has a communal area. We are committing to making our business more transparent, so are publishing our FRAs. We have published these FRAs first due to the size of the buildings. We will continue publishing more FRAs, which will be available on our new resident portal later this year.
We employ experienced, qualified, independent specialist assessors from Savills to carry out inspections in all internal communal areas. They then produce a report (the FRA) with all the information they have gathered and record any recommendations and / or actions for us to address. We then put in place a plan to carry out the recommendations to ensure the building and your home are as safe as reasonably practical.
To find the Fire Risk Assessment for your block, following these steps:
- Select 'Your block documents (FRAs)' from the option below or go straight to 'Your block documents (FRAs)' here.
- On the block documents page, you'll see a search box.
- In the 'Search Term' box, type any part of your address, e.g. the first line of your address or postcode.
- In the 'Filter category' box select the type of document you're looking for which will be 'Your home - Fire Risk Assessment'. Then select the 'Search' button.
- You will see the Fire Risk Assessment appear in the list below for the block address you searched for. If there is no document listed, then we do not have a Fire Risk Assessment published on the website at this moment for the address you are looking for.
Get in touch with us
The latest on cladding and coronavirus
Find out what the government has said recently on cladding and how it is affected by coronavirus.The latest on cladding
Your block documents (FRAs)
Get your building's FRA and other doucments here, including fire evacuation strategy, building safety and estate updates.My block documents (FRAs)
Cladding - FAQs
Get the answers to all your questions about cladding on your building.Cladding - FAQs
Do you know how to test your smoke alarm or top tips to prevent a fire?Find out here
Selling, staircasing and remortgaging - FAQs
All the answers for shared owners and leaseholders on the next stage with your home.Selling, Staircasing and remortgaging - FAQs
Section 20 - FAQs
Find out about the leasehold consultation process known as Section 20.Section 20 - FAQs
If you live in a block with a waking watch and think you or a member of your household needs help to evacuate, let us know.Vulnerabilities