Resources for residents

It can be difficult to know who to turn to if you have questions about building safety or cladding. We are here to help but you may also want some independent advice, or to speak to other people in a similar situation.

We have provided the below list of organisations to make you aware of them, rather than as a formal endorsement of them:

  • LEASE (Leasehold Advisory Service)
    A government funded, independent advice service for leaseholders.

    LEASE website
  • Money Advice Service
    A free and impartial money advice service, set up by the government.

    Money Advice Service website
  • Step Change
    A debt advice charity that offers support and guidance on managing your finances.

    Step Change website
  • Find your MP or councillor
    Your MP or Councillor may be able to help you. You can write to them and ask them to lobby the government on your behalf. You can find your representative below.

    Find your MP

    Find your councillor
  • UK Cladding Action Group (UKCAG)
    Set up by leaseholders in Bromley, this resident led group campaigns for change to the government's cladding and building safety policies. It is a lead organisation in the campaign to 'End our Cladding Scandal'.

    UKCAG Facebook page
  • Mind
    A charity who offers support and guidance to those with mental health problems. UKCAG has published a report about the mental health impact of cladding and building safety, so please do take a look at what support is out there if you are feeling stressed or anxious. 

    Mind website

Setting up a residents association (RA)

You may find it useful to set up a residents association (RA) at your block or estate if you are affected by building safety issues. We offer support in setting up an RA, but this differs depending on where you live.

  • If you are a Network Homes resident, you can get in touch with the Network Homes resident engagement team.

    More info about RAs at Network
  • If you live on the Stockwell Park estate, please get in touch with SW9 Community Housing's resident engagement team.

    More info about RAs at SW9

More information