Network Homes and Quintain announce partnership to deliver 252 new affordable homes at Wembley Park
Network Homes and Quintain have announced a partnership to deliver 252 new affordable homes across Wembley Park at an event celebrating the completion of 362 new apartments in the area.
The announcement was made as Cllr Muhammed Butt unveiled Alto, Quintain’s third Build to Rent building and Vivo, an architecturally stunning new collection of affordable apartments managed by Network Homes.
The partnership further strengthens the relationship between Network Homes and Quintain. We already manage 22 homes for affordable rent built by the developer at Wembley Park.
The 252 affordable homes are comprised of:
- 31 homes within Vivo – 18 for affordable rent and 13 for shared ownership. These homes are complete and already available for occupation. London Housing Design Guide principles have been adopted throughout the scheme, ensuring the new homes will have outdoor space, including balconies overlooking iconic Wembley Stadium and SSE Arena, with generous living spaces and elegant shared spaces.
- 66 homes within two further Build to Rent buildings which will be complete in 2018 – 30 for discount market sale and 36 for affordable rent.
- 155 homes across three sites at Wembley Park that have been sold to Network Homes and are being designed and built by their teams – 65 for affordable rent and 90 for shared ownership. Construction of these homes is already underway with completion in 2019.
Wembley Park is seeing the fastest housing delivery of any site in the UK, with 3,000 homes under construction by the end of this year as Quintain continues to transform the land around the National Stadium. With planning permission already secured for 7,000 homes, 5,000 of these will be available for rent which will see Wembley Park become the largest Build to Rent development in the UK.
Alto and Vivo are part of the next phase of housing delivery at Wembley Park, comprising four buildings delivering a total of 362 new homes:
- Alto Apartments – 120 new Build to Rent homes available through Tipi, Quintain’s lifestyle-focussed rental management company.
- Vivo – delivering 31 apartments for affordable rent and discount market sale, all to be managed by Network Homes.
- Belcanto and Pienna – two buildings with 211 apartments for sale, which will be completed in November 2017.
Announcing the extended partnership between Quintain and Network Homes, Vicky Savage, Executive Director for Development at Network Homes, said: “As we continue to strengthen our portfolio of affordable housing in Brent, this is an exciting time to be working with Quintain at Wembley Park. Wembley has a thriving community and is on the doorstep of the iconic national stadium. The homes are of exceptional quality.”
Angus Dodd, Chief Executive of Quintain, said: “I am delighted to extend our partnership with Network Homes. One-third of all the homes we are delivering at Wembley Park is new affordable housing and we continue to build the homes that London needs at a pace not seen at any other development site. Wembley Park is a fantastic place to live and fast becoming home to a thriving residential community.”
Cllr Muhammed Butt, Leader of Brent Council, said:“This just goes to show how effective our partnerships are with Network Homes and Quintain. On our own, none of us would be able to make such impressive progress. But in working together, yet again we’ve made clear our commitment to building new homes, and to ensuring as many as possible are genuinely affordable.”