WATCH - Helen's Vlog from May 2021 Board Meeting
18 June 2021
On Tuesday 25 May, our Board held their latest meeting where they discussed a range of topics from a packed agenda. Helen Evans, Chief Executive captures the key points from the meeting which she shares with us in her latest vlog. These include:
- Public Board Meeting – Held our first open Board meeting to the public including residents and Network staff to attend, observe and ask questions. This is part of our aim to build better trust and confidence with residents. This will be run as a pilot scheme and the next session will be held in November.
- Early Warning Group Decisions – A monthly paper reviewed by the Board reviewing financial pressures on the business and the mitigators in place. Covid-19 has had an impact on the business through the level of vacant properties and the Board have discussed the best measures in place to tackle this issue including incentives and rent-free periods.
- Performance Report – A progress update on Network’s performance against targets across a range of areas. Key highlights include our new Strengthening Trust objective currently 76% (84% target) and progress towards My Network Homes (Customer Portal) with 35% of residents signed up so far. The Board are reviewing a Channel Shift Strategy including encouraging residents to use the online portal as an alternative option to calling our Contact Centre.
- Sustainability – Board have agreed a sustainability strategy and action plan highlighting how Network plans to achieve net zero carbon by 2050.
- New Board Members - Amina Graham, Customer Services Committee Member and Adeoye Adebayo, Investment Committee Member will both join Network’s Board in July.
Check out the video below for a summary of our latest board meeting.