IMPORTANT UPDATE: Our Facebook accounts for Network Homes and Network Homes sales have been compromised. We’re doing everything we can to liaise with Facebook and resolve this issue. Until then, please do not use our Facebook accounts to contact us and ignore any messages or post you may have received from our Facebook accounts from Thursday 28 September. 

Share this page

Updating us on changes in your household

15 March 2023

It’s important to contact us to let us know if someone joins or leaves your household so we can ensure our records are up to date. By keeping us updated on who is living in your home, we can:

  • better support with checking you are receiving all the benefits and financial support you’re entitled to (if we know who you are financially responsible for)
  • review whether your home meets your needs given the change in circumstance
  • refer to the most up to date and accurate records in the unlikely event of a fire or emergency.

It is also an opportunity to offer you advice about your housing options, where necessary. We can only accept requests to change your household information from the current tenant/s of the property. If the person you wish to add is over the age of 18, then we will need to complete a right to rent check which involves the person showing us original identification documents that prove they can live in England, such as a British passport or other travel document showing that the person is allowed to stay in England for a time-limited period. This check is a legal requirement that we complete so that we can ensure that every household member has the right to rent a property in England. We will provide you with more advice and guidance about this when you notify us. You can find out more about the right to rent check here on the Government’s website:

How can I update my household information?

If you wish to update us on who is living in your household, please contact us by clicking this link or the button below. We will need you to provide identification documents of the person(s) you wish to add, including:

  • details of who they are and their relationship to you
  • evidence of their relationship to you if applicable, for example, a birth or marriage certificate
  • if someone has left the household, then we will need to know when they left.

We will then review all the information you have provided and contact you if there is anything else we need to update our records.

Contact us to update your household information

Safe Space

Together we can end domestic abuse