Spotting bogus calls and visits
It can be difficult to spot a scam. Scammers are extremely cunning and good at creating convincing scams. They may call you on your landline or mobile phone pretending to be us to steal your money or identity to commit fraud. They may also visit your home pretending to be a contractor in order to gain entry.
Here are a few tips to remember to make sure you are interacting with official Network Homes’ staff:
- If one of our advisors contacts you on the phone, they will state their name, role and the reason for the call.
- We don’t send texts asking you to make payments, if you receive a text like this, it’s likely a bogus text. If you experience this, call us on 0300 373 3000 to let us know.
- If you call us to pay your rent, when taking your credit card information, we will access a secure payment line to protect your sensitive details.
- If we are calling you back after you have already spoken to an advisor, we will provide background information regarding your previous call, so you know it is really us calling.
- When booking a repair, an advisor from our contact centre will confirm the booking so you know when to expect a visit from our contractor.
- Our contractors will never show up to your home unannounced. If you get an unannounced visit, refuse to let them inside your home and call us on 0300 373 3000 to confirm if it is a genuine visit.
- Our contractors will always carry identification and present it on request so always ask to see it.
- If, during a call, you feel uncomfortable or are unsure if you are speaking to us, hang up and call us on 0300 373 3000. You can then speak to an advisor and confirm the legitimacy of the previous call.
If you ever have any concerns about a call, text message or visit from someone saying they're from Network Homes or working on behalf of Network Homes, please contact us on 0300 373 3000 and we can confirm if they are genuine.