Network Homes joins social housing advisory board on climate change
07 December 2021
We’re really pleased to be launching the Green Spaces Advisory Board (GSAB), a pioneering cross industry collaboration between Network Homes and six leading housing associations and the UK’s leading landscape and grounds maintenance contractor.
The GSAB consists of Network, Peabody, Home Group, Notting Hill Genesis, Orbit, Clarion, Futures Housing Group and contractor Ground Control with the aim of hitting the Government’s net zero by 2050 target.
The new board will develop biodiversity measurement metrics and concentrate on developments in green space management, green placemaking, carbon offsetting, and biodiversity enhancement.
Hitting the ground running the GSAB will be:
- Developing a two-year action plan in response to the Green Communities Report
- Sharing green space best practice across the housing sector and beyond
- Developing and sharing ways to help residents learn about, and engage with, green space, biodiversity, and environmental sustainability
- Designing a green space model, detailing how housing associations can utilise green assets to help achieve net zero
- Leading the development of a single, independently verifiable biodiversity metric and certification program for land under management
Earlier this year Network launched our Sustainability Strategy which sets out our approach to a more sustainable future and the steps we need to take to get there.