Make sure your parcels don’t go missing this Christmas!
13 December 2020
With the festive season very much upon us, many of you will be doing your Christmas shopping online this year. While nothing beats the convenience of having your gifts delivered straight to your door, it’s important to make arrangements for your delivery if you’re not going to be in – especially if you live in a block of flats with communal areas.
We’ve had reports of parcels going missing recently from communal areas, and because the issue is beyond our control we’re unable to accept responsibility when it happens. So here are five tips for ensuring your deliveries don’t go missing this Christmas:
- When placing the order, ask the supplier not to deliver the parcel if you’re not in. You can then arrange delivery for a time when you will be in
- Have the parcel delivered to work or a friend’s or family member’s house
- Arrange for one of your neighbours to accept the parcel if you’re not going to be in
- Ask a friend or family member to flat sit on the day the parcel is delivered
- Get your parcel delivered to a local Pick-up point – often these are in local convenience stores and supermarkets.