Network Homes has the ‘Fire Safety Team of the Year 2022’
22 November 2022
We’re proud of our colleagues who have won ‘Fire Safety Team of the Year 2022’ at the Women in Fire Safety Awards. They beat strong opposition to bag the award at this year’s ceremony held in Central London on Thursday 10 November.
The Women in Fire Safety Awards are nationally recognised awards designed to honour the outstanding achievements and contributions of all women within the fire safety community. Winners were picked by an expert panel of industry wide representatives.
This is great recognition for the team and for Network Homes as we strive to be industry leaders in the sector. We have a great representation of women in the team (four out of the five team members are women) in an industry that is renowned for being male dominant.Laura Jones, Network Homes Fire and Building Safety Contracts Manager
Fire Safety Team successes
- Delivering fire safety awareness training to over 100 colleagues.
- Organising several coffee mornings with older residents in sheltered blocks.
- Completing home and site visits with the fire and rescue service.
- Successfully overseeing extensive remediation works to fire/life safety systems to enhance protection of residents' homes and ensure compliance with industry best practice.
- Implementing several robust processes to respond to fires within buildings, ensuring prompt engagement with other stakeholders and agencies, ensuring communication is effective with customers directly and indirectly and any remediation works coordinated and completed.
- Consistently reaching over 90% compliant with managing sprinkler testing.